Person Centred Counsellor

My name is Sylvia Friend I offer  a warm, friendly and confidential space.  Where you can talk about whatever is worrying you.  My interactive approach is tailored to your needs. You are an individual!

I will help you access your own inner process. We all experience difficult times in our lives. For some it can be a crisis, for others life can feel like an ongoing struggle or feel meaningless.

I would like to assist you in bringing about the changes  you would like make in your life. And support and encourage you to manage life’s challenges and pains. By building inner strength and encouraging growth you can move towards your goals and your real potential.

Health and Well-being

For the past 20 years I have been involved in health and well being. My main spiritual practice is a form of Qigong known as Hua Gong.  I am a practitioner for  20 years.  The practise is an enabler, a way to connect to the universal energy known as Qi.  The way of teaching is through a heart to heart transmission.  The Qi (pronounced chi) is activated to enable your own process. The benefits apart from improving ones health include unlocking artistic potentials and aiding spiritual growth.   The practise is a way to help move through or transform problems.  Enabling you to see things with more clarity and understanding.

What I can help with

These are some of the problems I can help with  Anxiety, Depression, Bereavement and Loss; Health Related Issues, Relationships, Self Esteem, Stress, and Work Related Issues and Spiritual Issues.

Types of Therapies

Humanistic * Person Centred * Transpersonal * Existential*Energy work

Clients I work with

Adults and Couples.

How I deliver therapy

At the moment during Covid 19 I offer online via Skype and telephone counselling.

Long-term face-to-face work. Short-term face-to-face work,.Telephone counselling. Home visits by arrangement.


The Register  was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).